Tuesday, July 24, 2007

iTunes - Just for you

iTunes has this potentially really cool little feature called "Just for You". It would be really cool if it actually worked. It looks at what you've bought. (Maybe at what you already have, but I'd imagine if that were the case the ACLU or some such would have stormed the Apple Palace a while ago like thugs from Rungistan. EDIT - ah, no only at what you've bought, and you can TELL it what you have.)

I have two nits - it's not very good. I mean, throwing everything even a little Star Trek-ish or John Williams-y at me is a bit of a no-brainer. It doesn't. It IS smart enough to throw mostly soundtracks. Good for them.

My BIGGER nit is that it offers me stuff I already bought. FROM iTUNES! GRRRRRRR! (aargh.)

Although I do laugh when I buy something new to see the new offerings. I bought "Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me" and now I'm being offered "Bear Necessities". Nice. Almost smart. Not smart enough. (Offer me Master and Commander, or Horatio Hornblower - THAT'S smart.)

No comments: