Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Well Done, Harry

Whew! I'm done. I'm enjoying reading books that I can pick up or put down as I wish and not having to avoid spoilers in the press. (Anyone want to spoil O'Brian's "Post Captain"? Huh?)

Great. Book.

I'm not a raving Potter fan. I like the books. But I've only read each of them once. And I Buffied through the first four. (To Buffy: To watch / read / avalanche through a series in not nearly enough sittings. e.g. two seasons of Bones in three days. Or seven seasons of, er, Buffy, in less than two months.) I'm thankful for the movies because they're nice cliff notes. Rowling has a bad habit of throwing in tertiary characters from four books ago with no recap and expecting you to instantly surmise who and what this character is.

This is either my favorite or second favorite book (Goblet of Fire rocks). And I have to say that I am just dying for the movie now. Good luck, folks.

Nice job, J.K. Thanks.

SPOILERS!!!!

Repeat after me, children (mouse over):

The
bad
guy
is
NEVER
Snape.

Three cheers for Severus Snape!

3 comments:

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tallguy said...

alicia said:

"To Buffy," LOL

I appreciate your review, too; very nice and succinct.

-------

Possible spoliers removed.

Tallguy said...

Ahhh, power. Sorry, since you can't invisotext comments, no spoilers. Not even tiny ones.

Shame about Nearly Headless Nick. D'OH! Sorry! Avert your eyes! (Heh heh heh.)