Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chinatown needs new art?

I hate photo movie posters. For one thing, it's all we get anymore. Unless you're Harry Potter or Star Wars. Even then... (I'm guessing Indiana Jones: I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up will have a Struzan poster.)

But I REALLY hate when they take a movie that had awesome art (or at least good art) originally and give it a photo cover. The Big Heads look that is so popular now. Hey look! It's a Jack Nicholson movie. And it's got Jack Nicholson in it! So here's a big picuture of Jack Nicholson's head! Doesn't it look just like Jack Nicholson? (Gosh, I hope I spelled Nicholson right, otherwise I have to correct, like, FOUR of 'em. EDIT - Whew!)

So here's the original.

Here's the "New and Improved".

Don't even get me started on James Bond covers. (The covers are popular enough that there are BOOKS dedicated to them, but they ain't good enough for DVDs. No sir!)

So let's all do our best John Huston impersonation:

Jake Gittes: I just want to know what you're worth. Over ten million?
Noah Cross: Oh my, yes!

Zounds, he was scary!

No comments: