Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hanging Out with the BSG Folks and misc BSG babble

Not only am I blogging about BSG, now I'm blogging about the BSG podcasts. I listened to the "Round Table" BSG podcast. It's like three hours long! (That's a LOT of scotch.) They recorded it at Ron Moore's apartment in Vancouver with Mrs. Ron, Helo, Lee, Baltar, and - BADGER (Firefly, go watch it)! First off, it's James Callis, Jamie "I'm Not Really American" Bamber, and Mark "Badger" Shepard - all Brits. Jamie Bamber sounds exactly like Callis with a higher voice. At one point they're all three talking. It's like the Geico Lizard family reunion. Seriously.

Arrrgh - it's a little bit spoilery. The spoilery bits are funny (you can make some leaps of logic - they involve Badger's character), because Mrs. Ron doesn't know anymore than we do and she starts getting testy. It's also fun to hear "the gang" wandering in and out of the kitchen, finding out they're out of ice, etc. It's nerdy fun to be sure. They keep the tape running when Penikett gets his keys, says he's been drinking water the last hour, he and Ron talk about the next time he's on set, and all the "I'm about to leave" babbling that people do.

They talk about the scene where Laura finds out about her cancer and all of the Caprica ships flying over. I keep waiting for Shepard to mention that Serenity flew over in that scene. The Firefly cameo!

Jamie Lee (might use that rather than NFL) is somewhat dismissive of the idea of "genocide" (no genes) regarding Cylons. Penikett says "This is the point when Jamie has had enough scotch that he actually BECOMES Apollo."

Sounds like Badger's a fan. I mean, knows the show backwards and forwards. Cool.

"Downloaded" is now forever "Cylons in Coffee Shops" (Jamie Bamber).

The cast is all still firmly in love with "33". Can't blame them.

They actually explain why Six doesn't have a name. Baltar never bothered to find out. Ever. It became a game for Baltar to see how long he could NOT know her name. Perfect. For GB that's just perfect.

When asked what other character they might want to play, almost everyone says "Baltar". Except James Callis, who wants to play Six. So he can have scenes with Baltar. Bwahahahaha!

Anyway, it's a good rambling romp and worth listening to while you do something else. I mean, don't just sit and listen to a podcast for three hours, you could be watching Angel or something!

Speaking of podcasts, this is an interesting article. I never listened to all of this podcast. Now I'll have to go back.

On teh internets, apparently "Unfinished Business" is becoming the hotly contested ep. I loved it. Lots. Like, Final Cut loved. Maybe not Scar loved. I can't tell if Mrs. Ron hated it or not. Her post may have been sarcastic. She did mention that she now hates Starbuck. But that's part of the fun. At National Review Podhoretz loved it. (Gotta be careful, the last time I posted a link to an NRO BSG article I started a fight in another state.) I just love seeing National Review posts pop up at TrekBBS or Whedonesque. Whedon and Trek fans are not the most conservative groups out there. Mrs. Ron reads NRO. I gather Mr. Ron does not. Heh. This is now officially a Love it or Hate it ep. I wonder if "Pegasus" falls into this cat? I loved it. SWIMW hated it. I mean, lots. But she loved "UB", so there we are.

No comments: