Thursday, August 17, 2006

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

An interesting list of names, to be sure. I'm just tickled that the directors of Superman and Spider-Man are on here. The Scott brothers (Top Gun, Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise, Gladiator, Spy Games - ok, I'm more partial to Ridley than Tony) are a bit of a surprise. Bruce Willis and Dennis Hopper should surprise no-one. Wow, Don Johnson AND Michael Mann (creator of Miami Vice). Where's Philip Michael Thomas? (Sadly, I don't really expect Olmos' name to be on there. But then, I haven't seen the whole list. Maybe I'm being unfair to Admiral Adama.)

My favorite Dennis Hopper interview was where he denounced the characters in the world-changin (*cough*) Easy Rider as "hating thier country" and "getting what they deserved". (Quoting from memory.) I also remember the interviewer was beside himself. "That movie was my bible and you just stomped on it!" I should see if that's floating about anywhere.

UPDATE: Here's the ad. Pat Sajak!

No comments: