Monday, July 21, 2008

All along the watchtower!

No, not that one.

Good grief! It's WATCHMEN! Seriously! I don't think there's anything (other than some of the particulars of the costume design, and even then it's close!) that isn't a frame out of the comic book. They're even keeping the logo the same. I would think that this is the sort of trailer that if you didn't know the comic you'd say "Um. Ok. That looks... Busy." But if you DO know the book, every frame sets you tingling. Especially Osterman in the disintegration chamber. That got me more than the crystal city on Mars. Oh, and of course the Comedian getting tossed out the window. Yowza.

(For the unwashed, look here.)

p.s. Googling for the image at the top of this post led me to this. Small world, eh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Saw it before Dark Knight (which I really liked, by the way, but apparently not as much as everyone else in the world).

If not for the fact that I heard "ooo" from four or five groups of guys clustered around the theater and one positively elated "Watchmen!" I would have dismissed the trailer exactly as you think people who haven't read the comic would. It looked like a gritty, possibly cool version of those lousy Fantastic Four movies.

Due to that fact, I was more excited by hearing the Terminator theme in Salvation's trailer.