Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BSG Tuesday!

Ok, here's the rundown. I liked it. It was BSG, there are terrific developments, everything made as much sense as it ever does. I guess all of the Show Changing Developments came in so fast and furious in the last act that I haven't really processed them. The biggest two devs are obviously that Three got boxed (bye, Lucy!) and that Baltar AND Six are back on Galactica! This promises lots of fun. But then, so did almost every story-line attributed to Lee Adama that never went anywhere. "Follow-up" has not been the watchword for the last year.

Helo sucks. No really. Airlock him. Now. He's a bigger threat than Baltar. Has he EVER said "I have two choices, one benefits the fleet, the other benefits me. The Fleet (AND ALL OF FRACKING HUMANITY!) it is!" No. Not once. Ever. 'Lock him! How did "Athena" have all of "Boomer's" memories? When does that sharing take place? Obviously without the knowledge of the SLEEPER CYLON WHO DOESN'T KNOW SHE'S A TOASTER! So, why is Athena downloading such a harmless proposition? That data doesn't get stored someplace? You guys know that for 100% certain? And there's Helo going on about "YOU made us do this!" Well, maybe because we knew you're going to get us all killed if it comes down to a nasty choice, Agathon! At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him beaten to death with Lee and Kara's severed arms. (More on that in a moment.)

Tyrol's story wasn't as cool as I wanted it to be. I mean, he had the "ah-ha" line, but he never really got to discover anything. Good grief, the place "sang" to him, and all he got to do was blow it up. (Try to.)

The Cylons just boxed the one model that managed to stare down Wild Bill. I would think that was valuable.

Baltar's life is going to be very very different, don't you think?

Poor Six. I just love that they managed to get from breaking baby's necks to "Poor Six". Awesome, that.

Not enough EyeTigh.

At this point I wouldn't mind Lee AND Kara getting some serious quiet time. Really. Grow up, kids. It's mostly Kara's fault, but if Lee got married just to get back at Kara, then the heck with both of them. I like that the show is brave enough to make two of it's leads that unattractive, but this way lies Buffy Season Six. Careful.

What's Laura doing these days? Her story has been mostly reacting to whatever is going on these days, i.e. she doesn't have much of one. And bring back Tom Zerick, please?

So, it'll be an interesting ride for the rest of the season. Of course, last season post cliff-hangar we got Black Market. Beware.

I'll get that "Best of" list sometime this week.

2 comments:

waarthog said...

Just keep the mashed potatoes away from Starbuck.

sthomas said...

Scott Kurtz got me thinking about the Final 5. KITT is a Cylon.

I agree with my Bro. Apollo and Starbuck are my least favorite part of BSG. I would just assume that whole storyline go away.

I don't know how I feel about Helo. I agree that it was a terrible risk, but I know my love for my wife and children cloud my judgement, too. I would have liked it better if he said don't ask me to do this and then she shot herself. That would have been more dramatic in my opinion and opened up all kinds of loyalty plot issues. Maybe I missed the cylons can't commit suicide episode in season 1-2. I know 3 had to have a "classic" cylon kill her.