Friday, December 01, 2006

Album Covers and iPod Advances

The newer iPods (of which one I own) display a little thumbnail of the album art, if it's available. Every once and a while I'll take a random sampling of my music and add the appropriate artwork to the collection. Cool. Very 21st century. It almost makes you not miss flying cars so much. (Nobody wants everyone to have flying cars. They just want flying cars for their own selves, soaring above the unwashed teaming masses. Just saying.)

I've discovered a dark side to the technology: Random play is no longer as fun if I'm looking anywhere near at the iPod. I used to be able (BSG, season one, Kobol's Last Gleaming: The Shape of Things to Come) (sorry, that was what randomed while I was typing this) (oh, and I got it wrong, it's Passacaglia - same ep, same theme, it's when Six and Baltar see the baby crib) to play iPod-name-that-tune. Yes, I know there is an actual name-that-tune game on the iPod - not the same thing. Anyway, if I'm looking at the iPod and no art comes up I can handily ignore the text and say "Zanzibar, Billy Joel, 52nd Street!" and feel all knowlegey (about my own music, but hey, I have 9,218 songs on my iPod). Now I look over and see a big bright album cover! Harder to ignore, easier to see. But I've discovered (Ah! The video game of Tomorrow Never Dies! No idea the track title) that a good way to get around this is to blog. Figured I'd share.

Speaking of iPods (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - ah this is a good one, it's Zaphod and Marvin and the Tank) today's PvP is hilarious. ("What a depressingly stupid machine!")

1 comment:

Rhino said...

Yeah, never buy something on its introductory rollout. Wait a couple of generations, and they will have most of the bugs fixed. Then buy a Zune...