Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trek Trumps Everything

I just saw a news item for the latest DVD season of Quantum Leap (nope, still no Scarecrow and Mrs. King, sorry). An odd thing happened. I saw Scott Bakula, under the words QUANTUM LEAP no less, and thought "Hmmm. Capt. Archer from Enterprise."

Yesterday I caught a few minutes of Benson on TVLand and when Clayton showed up I thought "Odo (from Deep Space Nine)".

Now, keep in mind that I don't LIKE Enterprise, and I never watched THAT much DS9. I remember when ENT first started it was always "Captain Sam" or "The guy from Quantum Leap". Now, obviously, the conversion is complete. So face it, once you've been in Star Trek, that's who you are. Deal with it.

p.s. There was no picture of Al, so I don't know if I'd have thought "Brother Cavil" - So the BSG segment of this experiment has gone untested. Show me a Miami Vice cast photo (Edward James Olmos) and we'll see. Nah, I'd probably think "Blade Runner". Might even mumble "BUT THEN AGAIN, WHO DOES?". (Mumbling in load echo-ey tones is hard.) And if I saw Michelle Forbes in Homocide or something (Ensign Ro / Admiral Caine) all bets are off. No Firefly cast has appeared on BSG so far (although Jane Espenson will be writing an ep). What if SHATNER was on Galactica? Hrmm. Might be dangerous.

We now return you to your Wednesday, already in progress.

No comments: