Friday, August 11, 2006

"I will not be pushed, stamped, indexed, filed...

"...briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own."

The rumor du jour is that Christopher "Batman Begins" Nolan is going to make a movie of The Prisoner.

I have two caveats: 1) That's really cool and I'll believe it when I see it and 2) keep the Bush administration out of it, thanks. Nobody looks at the series The Prisoner and thinks "Ahhhh, scathing commentary on the current administration!" (Plus, it's British.) There's scathing commentary, but nothing so focused. Nothing so specific. McGoohan spoke his mind, sure, but he was wise enough (or at least honest enough) to think that any world problems were a) not any one person's fault and b) that any of them were anything new. If the new movie wants to show that we're ALL nuts, I'm ok with that.

I don't want this to be the next Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Looking forward to The Prestige, though.

2 comments:

Kyrie Drake said...

2) keep the Bush administration out of it, thanks. Nobody looks at the series The Prisoner and thinks "Ahhhh, scathing commentary on the current administration!" (Plus, it's British.)

Being British didn't help V for Vendetta, now did it...

Looks like one I'll wait and see what YOU think of first, before I go see it! ;)

Tallguy said...

Ohhhhh! Look who's suddenly Mr. All Big Prisoner Fan!

Heheheheh.