Thursday, August 31, 2006

Boldly going-- SOON

How did they manage to keep THIS under thier hats? It's airing in TWO WEEKS!

I'm torn. Mainly because we've been burned before (Star Wars). This could be a lot of fun. (I guess I don't need to do my Balance of Terror SE now.) But if it becomes THE Star Trek, then I'm lighting torches and finding an angry mob. As long as they continue to keep the originals updated (to current formats, I mean) and available, I'm all for it.

I gather this will only be aired on HD. I don't have HD and I'm not getting it just for Star Trek. Really. Plus, when I get my HDTV then my shiny new Star Wars DVDs will look really lousy. What a world.

2 comments:

Rhino said...

Gosh, and I was expecting to hear you were spinning hypersonically in your grave...

Tallguy said...

The day I start spinning is when someone does an AFI List or "I love the 60's" or so on and uses the new footage. When this becomes the "official" Star Trek. Until then I can watch or disregard as easily as any other Fan Dreck.