Friday, August 11, 2006

9/11 vs. 8/10

I just read that Paramount execs are worried how World Trade Center will play given the events of the week. "I think what it does is make the movie more relevant and will resonate with audiences in a profound way given these recent events."

Hmmm. I guess if you think that the... conflict? Erm, situation? Oh, I know- WAR! If you think that the war was this distant thing that happened 5 years ago then maybe it does seem a freaky thing to you that this movie comes out at the SAME TIME that wild stuff is happening on airlines again. And (here's the reeeeeally spooky part) it's these SAME KIND OF GUYS! (Hint: NOT Norwegian Grandmothers from Minnesotta.) I mean, what are the odds?

Orrrrr, maybe you think that this is an ongoing threat, and this doesn't surprise you at ALL! (And by you, I mean me. But you knew that.)

Which, by the way, movies about 9/11 are NOT "too soon". If you think that this is a far off event (that some people can't stop harping on) then maybe it's just in time.

(Having said that, I have no idea when we'll see this. But you know I'll tell you when we do.)

No comments: