Monday, July 10, 2006

The Precious mk. 3

So I broke down (folded like a cheap suit, I did) and got a new iPod. The old one was acting finicky and I'm going on a cross country trip. Had to be done.

I often listen to the audio of movies and TV (I'm just that kind of nerd). It's kind of funny to be listening to The Wrath of Khan, and then looking down and seeing a PICTURE! That's cool.

The dumbest thing is that you can't edit the TV Show tags in iTunes. And if you set a file to be a "TV Show" but don't edit the tags (you need to get a third party piece of software) it doens't show up on your iPod! Arrrgh!

The almost dumbest thing is that I've found out the iPod uses "proprietary" cables to hook up to your TV. Actually, it uses standard RCA cables, they just send the video through the right audio channel and the right audio through the video cable. Those nutty Apple folks. They're just as evil as Microsoft, only better dressed.

It is pretty sweet so far. But if this one gives me grief I'm switching to Creative and never looking back. This is Apple's last chance.

No comments: