Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Clown Prince of Crime

Mr. Lileks (who wrote much more than me today) had this to say:

"There are rumors Robin Williams might play the Joker in the next Batman movie. My initial instinct is to scream NO; that is also instincts 2 through 74, but if the same director handled the project, and made the Joker very rotten and very evil, it could work. But the minute the Joker puts on the Patch Adams nose and talks about the “healing power of laughter,” I’m out of there."

First: Only 74? He ran out of instincts waaaaaay too early.

Second: Remember when Batman (Burton) came out in 1989? BIIIG name villain. Like, name in the credits before the hero big name. So then everyone immediately runs through the rogue's gallery and fills it in with huge names. I can't remember any of them off the top of my head now. I don't know if anyone pegged DeVito for Penguin. Heh. And we already KNEW that Billy Dee Williams was Harvey Dent. )Gee, that didn't work out so well.)

Look, do we have to do the Joker next? This last movie was Rahs al Ghul (sort of)! Who'd heard of him? (Aside from the nerds. Of COURSE I knew who Rahs was. And it's a real shame that David Warner was too old.) And that was GREAT! Do another good lesser known bad guy? Maybe do a GOOD Two Face movie? For Batman part TWO? Y'know, one that's actually ABOUT HIM? I have a curious itch it see a Dr. Prometheus move. He's radioactive, he glows in the dark, and you can see his skeletion! What's not to love? (Ok, he might be a bit "Ghost Rider" these days.) I say save the Joker for the big finale in part three.

And make him look like THIS:





(Why do they insist on casting short, fat men as the Joker?)

I suppose, if you insist, they can do this:

3 comments:

Kyrie Drake said...

I dunno, maybe they could get THIS guy?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/ladydrake64/joker89.jpg

;)

(Took me an HOUR to find the pic!)

Kyrie Drake said...

Rats...

It cut off the link-

Let's try that agin-

Joker

Tallguy said...

Yeah, that guy was skinny enough.