Monday, June 19, 2006

We Won't Be Fooled Again

Well... Actually, I probably will be. Over and over again. I'm an optimist. A very cranky, jaded, pesimistic optimist.

I've learned, right? Oh, sure, I had high hopes for Attack of the Clones. Even bragged about it. "George is going to surprise us." Heh. But I knew how much Revenge of the Sith was going to suck. Didn't even see it opening weekend. That showed him.

As if the Star Wars prequels weren't enough, Men in Black II showed us why some sequels must not be made. Robocop 2 is not mentioned in polite company. You've seen my views on X3. There is only ONE Matrix movie. Seriously.

I get a knot in my stomach when I hear that Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford may actually get thier stuff together and make Indy 4. *shudder* When I hear that something I love is going to get a sequel now, I feel like shouting "Stop blowing holes in my ship!"

I know that if they make another Star Trek movie, I'll go. Heck, if they make another Star Wars movie, I'll go. "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life."

I'm ambivilant about Spidey 3. 2 was allright. I guess. I own the DVD and I've never watched it all the way through. But I'll go.

What is this about? (Dude, this has to be about something?)

  • I just saw Cars. Pixar has never made a bad movie. They should teach classes on how to make movies. (Kind of like in A Clockwork Orange, only with Randy Newman music instead of Beethoven. First up: George Lucas.) They'd revolutionize the movie industry. I have very high hopes for the post-Lasseter Disney.

  • All indications are that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest is going to rock so hard.

  • And I'm so excited about Superman Returns I can hardly see straight.


  • Just thought I'd mention.

    No comments: