Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ahhh, this is good news...

"Don't be evil" may have different meanings to some, I guess.

When called on why they have never done a Memorial Day title page, Google replied that thier title pages are humorous, and so inappropriate for a somber subject like Memorial Day. That wacky Martin Luthor King! Haw haw haw haw! And we all know what a wheeze International Women's Day (March 8, 2005) must be. Bastile Day - they were rolling in the aisles. (The heads that is.) Oh, on the French thing, Google also says they just do International Events and Birthdays. Nice to know France is International.

On the other hand, I'm blogging about this using thier software. Ah well.

On an only vaguely related note, if you Google "Tallguy Productions" now, I'm the third hit! And the fourth and fifth hit are about me! (Thanks, John!)

And if you do "tallguy wpthomas" I get the whole page! Of course, most of those links are now broken, since SFM had a complete database crash a few weeks ago. But still!

"tallguy blender" gets quite a bit. "tallguy catholic" gets a couple of front page hits (gotta work on that) with a Kyrie assist.

And most importantly tallguy "she who is my wife" will also result in 100%! (This is fun!)

2 comments:

FCPWIZ said...

If you show up with such a high ranking will they pay you for adds?

Dad

Kyrie Drake said...

"Don't Be Evil" is certainly not the same as 'Be Good', is it.

I've read about Google dumping conservative sites over 'hate speech', and the Memorial Day bru-ha-ha (they also don't recognize Veteran's Day).

If I hadn't just switched BACK to Blogger, I'd probably switch to Wordpress or one of the others. I'm lookin into it and will do so if Google doesn't make some changes in the next few months.

Maybe I'll give them until Veteran's Day.

Oh, and You're Welcome! ;)