Thursday, May 11, 2006

You'll laugh! You'll cry!

You'll kiss three bucks goodbye!

Fluke Starbucker, Augie 'Ben' Doggie, Artie Deco, they're all here!

Good heavens, did they really get Paul Frees to narrate? I'm personally of the opinion that Frees was right up there with Mel Blanc, Mel just got more credit. Ok, ok, Mel was pretty darn good too. For that matter, one doesn't hear enough about Maurice LaMarche.

Speaking of Maurice, and by extension The Brain, and by further extension Orson Welles --

This is hilarious! I'd seen the Animaniacs short years and years ago. It was quirky, but I had no idea what it meant. ("I'll make cheese for you"?) Then I heard LaMarche do it at San Diego Comicon (it's part of Comic Book: The Movie with half the cast of Animaniacs and the Bruce Timm Batman: The Animated Series). And I'd even heard the Welles original. I'd never put them all together until now. Proving yet again that Animaniacs was one of the most deranged animated shows ever. I mean, it wasn't Freakazoid, but what was?

1 comment:

sthomas said...

You gotta love the "Special Edition" stuff.