Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tough Day to be Catholic


"America, you lost!'' Moussaoui shouted after the judge and jury left the courtroom. "I won.'' Moments earlier, he flashed a "V'' sign.

I don't even know what to say. (Dumb time to blog, eh?)

He's getting life in prison (and God help the lawyer or politician that ever tries to get that overturned). They didn't say he was innocent, or insane. He's going to jail.

I'm told to love, I'm told to forgive. The Church as a whole teaches against the death penalty. The only reason we would kill him is to protect us. Not for vengence. Not because we hate him. If we can protect ourselves by locking him away where he can do no harm then the purpose is served.

But I can't think of anyone I'd rather see suck on a hollow point round.

Prayers all around I guess.

2 comments:

Tallguy said...

I'd like to think I wouldn't have. There's fortunately a big difference between wanting and doing.

Our burden now will be to oppose, for the rest of this guys miserable, lost, and misguided life, those that would set him free, for whatever reason. He will live, but there's no reason for him to be free.

Anyone want to take bets how soon we'll see a headline asking for his release?

sthomas said...

I was just going to comment, but I decided to blog instead. Check it out.

On a similar note does anyone remember a short story about a gentlemen's bet regarding life in prision verses death? I was going to refer to it, but I can't remember the name or author.