Friday, April 28, 2006

United 93

We're going to see United 93 tonight. I'm really excited and dreading it all at the same time.

It's funny, the September 11th has become the new (pre-9/11) American Flag. Remeber that? When a flag meant that you were pro-American, and that was just an out-moded nationalist concept. (Don't worry, we're getting back there fast.) It was something you knew about, but it always stayed put away. You couldn't say you were against the flag. But that didn't mean you had to say you were for it, now, did it? That would be so gauche. Baby-killers and four dead in O Hi O and all that.

Sure it happened. Of course we think it was terrible. But don't talk about it. Don't show us anything about it (the History Channel, sure, but not on the NBC nightly news). If you show it, people get emotional. That will remind us of how we felt and acted on that day. Before we came to the conclusion that it was only a matter of time, we certainly deserved it, and it was all engineered by Karl Rove anyway so that people would like the fake election-stealing president. Only the right and the war mongers think now that this meant anything, and if you show it off people will get confused and then they'll think it still means something (stupid red-state Jesusland people).

Too soon? I think it's right on time.

2 comments:

Kyrie Drake said...

I saw a trailer for it a couple of weeks ago and realied that I HAVE to see this move, and at the same time I'm not sure I can.

It brought back so much, but at the same time, I too NEED to remember.

We'll probably go this weekend.

Did you ever see V for Vendetta? I'd be interested in your opinion of it if you have.

Tallguy said...

Go see it.

I'll do a review in the next day or so.