Thursday, April 27, 2006

New Ships

Here's the latest work. Some little guys to run around the dockyards of Starbase 12. they aren't that detailed becuase 1) my intention is that you'll never get that close to them (There's a great story on The Incredibles commentary about how Dash's teacher was kind of a last minute job made from the "generic" guy they had made for the crowd scenes. They told the model maker "Relax, it'll all be long shots." Remember when he puts his face right in the camera? "GUILTY I TELL YOU!" Niiiice long shot.) and 2) I want these to look like they came out of Desilu 1965. So nice clean lines. Not a lot of greebles. (Greebles is a technical term for nurnies.) (Ok, greebles and nurnies are all the futzy little detailed stuff. Go look at a Star Destroyer.)

Here's my first little guy. Cargo train. (All images are links to larger images.)












Used for schlepping stuff around the dock yard.













Short short range. From here to not as here as before.












My space truck. Little bit of Matt Jefferies original Enterprise design, little bit of Discovery, little bit of Mack. No Millenium Falcon.











Orbital / Interplanetary hauler. Grunt.













All of them (and my Original Series answer to the work bee) with the lovely lady herself, as well as the beginnings of my TOS drydock. (TOS is The Original Series. I won't explain it again.)







That's all for today. More to come later, I'm sure.

So say we all.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

All I can say (and I've overused the term, I know) is that I'm impressed. You have your own way with art.