Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm OFFENDED that you're offended!


http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060421/od_nm/benjerrys_dc

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones (and suicide bombers)"? Good grief. If people had thinner skin, they'd have parchment! They're overlooking the greater issue: THERE IS GUINNESS FLAVORED ICE CREAM?!?

According to this "Is there any meaning to the Black & Tan name other than its obvious reference to the colours of the beers? - Yes. The first known reference to the expression Black & Tan was in reference to a breed of beagles used as hunting dogs in Ireland." Emphasis added. Yes, they also reference the regiment. "Should I order a Black & Tan in Dublin? - Some have posted that this is not advisable, as you might stir up tempers. Steve Glover and others post that ordering a Black and Tan is no problem." (Ok, I'm less likely to go looking for trouble in a room of drunk Irishmen than on a blog, but still...)

Tiger Woods says he's acting like a spaz and people freak out. (Is "freak" derogatory? I dunno, check out these guys.) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of Iran, says that Israel cannot continue to exist (as his country pursues NUCLEAR WEAPONS) and nobody really does more than tsk tsk tsk. (Guinness to golf to nukes. Welcome to my head.)

Ha! I just read the headline: Iran Hints at Exiting Nuclear Treaty. Is that the same way that someone hinted that Theo van Gogh's films might not be appreciated by all? (Wow, I just linked to the Moscow Times! What a country!) (Oooh! Gratuitous Eighties reference. And it's so early.)

Be careful out there. And good hunting. So say we all.

3 comments:

sthomas said...

Time to cut back on the caffine. :)

Kyrie Drake said...

Aaryk's whole face just lit up when I told him about the ice cream!

Alicia said...

Caffiene aside, though, you make some good points. I've thought lately, that a whole lot of the political climate would settle down if every group learned to pick its battles. Good place to vent, too.

(I'm laughing as I type. Here with the parantheses again...I love your writing!)