Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday Mon- er, I did that one already, didn't I?

Monday morning. Mid-coffee, so I can see indistinct images that have a certain familiarity to them. Ah! HANDS! I remember now. Good thing Iran doesn't control any coffee. (Do they? That'd be a kick in the ayatollah wouldn't it?)

So here's your geek test for the day:

(From today's Bleat)
"I casually mentioned to the Fargo guy that I had given up trying to collect rare Fargo cards, since there was a fellow in a distant state with unlimited resources who bid everything up. He had the resources to assemble the Ultimate Collection, and was obviously intent on doing so. He was my nemesis. My Victor Von Doom. My Lex Luthor. Well, the Fargo Guy had dealt with Luthor Von Moriarity, it seems. Sold him a huge collection of Real Photos. To myself I conjured a sum I’d be willing to pay. He named the sum. Exactly what I’d thought. We are alike, I thought. In another time and place, I may have called him friend. "

Sure, Vicky von D. is pretty easy. Alexander J. Luthor, we got that one. The Napoleon of Crime, sure. But there is one ref in here that is just so wonderfully obscure that you are both delighted and ashamed that you get it. Waarthog will understand.

Spent yesterday Going to Mass, Napping, and Talking of the Fone. It was the perfect Sunday. Ok, that one back in 0033ish was probably pretty shiny, but that's belaboring the point, don't you think?

Keep flying.

No comments: