Wednesday, May 24, 2006

X3 - Pregame Show

X-Men: The Last Stand comes out on Friday. I am obligated to see it because it's the third X-Men movie and because SWiMW is a huge X-Men fan. ("Jean-Luc!")

From the trailers I can tell you (I think) that The Metaphor may be getting even more heavy handed. Brace for rant, sometime next week I'd imagine.

This will be The X-Men Movie Without Bryan Singer. He's busy with the Boy In Blue. He had enough of Fox, and Warner Bros. offered him his dream job. (One of his dream jobs. He has Logan's Run floating about in his head and has expressed a great interest to do Star Trek. He's a geek.) So Fox got another director, cut the budget, and set the production schedule (before they had a script) so that THIS Superhero Movie would be out before the Other Superhero Movie That The Old Director Is Doing Curse His Name.

This one is from the guy who directed Rush Hour. (But hey, I like Lost and Mission: Impossible III, and they're from one of the writers of Armageddon.) The whole cast is back. Ok, Nightcrawler isn't. (That's kind of a big mistake right there, I think. It's 'cause he's Catholic, isn't it? Tom Hanks did this, didn't he? Ok, maybe not.)

Well, we'll see. It's only a couple months 'till Pirates II.

2 comments:

Kyrie Drake said...

Ok, Nightcrawler isn't. (That's kind of a big mistake right there, I think. It's 'cause he's Catholic, isn't it? Tom Hanks did this, didn't he? Ok, maybe not.)

BWAH-HA-HA!

:)

Alicia said...

I'm looking forward to your rant after the movie...wish I could see it with you guys the first time!

As a fellow X-Men geek, I was reading about The Metaphor in a "Guide to the X-Men" I bought at Borders. They say that the group's supposed to be about alienation--you know, being different and afraid of one's own light. (Not the more sociopolitical metaphors we're all so familiar with). Still, the magazine review I read seemed to lean toward the sociopolitical interpretation... I hope they're wrong, though, or at least that I manage to see the more literary metaphor. It's why I like X-Men!

Nightcrawler is my favorite character. Bummer he's not back!